Welcome to the PRL Radical Racing Series! The Season 14 will feature the Radical SR8.
If you are a returning driver, you'll notice that the signup process has changed a bit. It is very important to read the entire thread!
Series organisers: Matthew Gunderson (Gunner) & Owen McLachlan (mclachlanol)
INFORMATION & FAQ
When does the season start and end? Season 12 will start on March 21st and will end on May 25th.
How many races in the season? There will be 10 races in the season.
Is there any drop week? Each driver gets 1 drop week. There is no drop week for Team Championship but drivers' drop week are taken into account in the team standings.
What day/time do races start? Races are on Thursday. The session start at 6pm with the qualifying at 9pm (EST).
How many seats are available? There is a maximum of 36 seats available.
How can I register? To register, you must first read the entire thread. After, at the bottom, you will find a Google Form that you'll need to fill. There is a $10 USD fee to signup.
Why are you charging entry fee? We are charging a $10 entry fee to help us cover the broadcast expenses. Even with entry fees, we don't have enough money to cover the broadcast, so this is why we need sponsors as well.
How can I make sure I'll have a seat? Here is the seat priority for this series:
- Full time seats will only be assigned to drivers who have shown good participation in their past PRL seasons, and to new drivers (innocent until proven guilty).
- Premium Members will always have a full time seat as long as they sign up 1 week before the season start.
- Last season's drivers will be assigned to a full time seats prior to the new drivers as long as they sign up 1 week before the season start. To be considered as a returning driver, you must have attended a minimum of 5 races.
- If you sign up but have not shown good participation in the past, you may be placed to the waiting list. If you get a full time seat, you'll have to prove us you can attend each race.
Do I need to have a specific license, iRating or Safety Rating? New drivers need a minimum license of D.
Can I register as part of a team? Of course! But each driver of the team must create an account on the PRL forum and register for the series.
What happens if I'm removed from the full time driver list? You may be moved to the waiting list for one of the reason mentioned above. If you have paid and being moved on the Waiting list, you'll be refunded. If there is a seat that becomes free, you will be contacted by email or on the iRacing website.
What is the structure of a race day?
- Race Day: Thursday
- Practice: 6pm EST (180 minutes)
- Qualifying: 9pm EST (15 minutes)
- Race: 9:15pm EST (45 minutes)
What is the points system? The full scoring system is available in the Results, Standings and Scoring System thread.
All Official PRL Championship’s shall adhere to the site wide PRL Rules & iRacing Sporting Code. All rules mentioned below surpass PRL & iRacing Sporting Code rules.
- Race Day: Thursday
- Starting Grid: Qualification Results
- Weather: Dynamic Weather & Sky
- Track State: Automatically generate starting track state in open practice. Starting track state clean (0%) for open qualifier. Carry over track state from qualifier to race.
- Marbles: Not cleaned between session
- Server: US-Bos
- Car: Radical SR8
- Setups: Open
- Start Type: Standing
- Fast Repairs: 0
- Assists: no assists, clutch only
- Rules and flags: Local Course Cautions
- Max Incidents: 24
- Max Fuel: 35%
- Schedule: Custom schedule voted by members.
- iRating: No minimum requirement
- Licence: D 2.0 and above (last season drivers who have attend to minimum 5 races are not forced to respect this limit)
- Must be a member of Precision Racing League on iRacing
- All participants are required to use PRL's Discord server, and must be logged in at the start of the race. (a point penalty may be applied).
- Set your Discord nickname to your name and car number. (ex. Chris Perez #41). (a point penalty may be applied).
- Must enter with the car number you signed up for the season with. (a point penalty may be applied).
- You must use a wheel and pedals. Using any other type of input method is not allowed. (Mouse, Controller, etc.).
- Your paint must respect the iRacing Esports Network policy. If we received a complain from iESN or a company about a non-authorized paint or logo, you will be disqualified.
- Refrain from speaking to the general lobby during Qualifying.
- Utilize Whisper on iRacings private channels to communicate to teammates/friends.
- All are to be under the iRacing Channel.
- Follow instructions given by Organizers, Management, and/or Race Control.
- Team room can be created, please ask your organiser.
- Be respectful to other participants. Cursing out, yelling, calling names, etc. Will Not Be Tolerated.
- Drop Week - Over 10 weeks, each driver is allowed to drop their lowest scoring race. This also includes any events you may have missed. Drop week is automatically applied in the results spreadsheet. There is no drop week for team championship, but drivers drop week is taking into account.
- Race Starts and Restarts: iRacing Sporting Code (Article 6.8.2). Leader must maintain pace car speed (+/- 5 mph).
- Wrecks / Towing: If your car cannot maintain speed following an accident, be respectful enough to Tow your car back to the pits.
- Intentional Wrecking: You are not allowed to intentionally wreck yourself or another driver during the official PRL session. This include Practice, Qualifying and Race.
- Racing Etiquette: Follow All iRacing Sporting Code. Lap down car(s) are to give way to Lead Lap car(s) (blue flag must be respected).
- On track incidents should be avoided at all costs.
- PRL's Racing Rules and iRacing's Sporting Code are in effect for all official races through the season.
- PRL Management reserves the right to review any major incidents without any protest submission, but this does not mean all incidents will be reviewed by management.
- Stewards can penalize a driver 1-10+ points up to event disqualification. Number of points deducted take into account type of incident, magnitude of the incident as well as drivers in-season driving record.
- On track incidents should be reported to the PRL Stewards.
- The entry fee isn't refundable as soon as the season starts
- If you have paid and are moved to the waiting list because a Premium member or returning driver signup and the list is full, you'll be refunded.
- If you are on the waiting list, at the moment we are contacting you to give you a full time seat, you'll only have to pay for the remaining races ($1 per race)