NEW IRACING CHAMPIONSHIPS SIGNUPS ARE UP!

Round 2: Tsukuba Circuit - 2000 Full (10 Jan)

**Broadcasted** | Practice @ 8pm | Qualifying @ 9pm | Race @ 9:15pm (EST) | RADICAL SR8
Season start on December 20th and end on February 28th
Kenny Duval
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Kenny Duval
Main Platform: PC

Re: Round 2: Tsukuba Circuit - 2000 Full (10 Jan)

Post by Kenny Duval » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:58 pm

I couldn't tell. I've only been able to practice at night and the sun dial on my stop watch only works during the day.
1 x

DEADZERO
Premium Member
Canada
Full Name: Christian

Post by DEADZERO » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:42 pm

Kenny Duval wrote: I couldn't tell. I've only been able to practice at night and the sun dial on my stop watch only works during the day.
This guy...  :roll:
0 x
Project 2 - Pineapple Boyz - Lead Foot Racing
PRL iRacing Results: Wins (3) / Podiums (7) / Top-Five (12)

TRG
Manager
Canada
Full Name: Tyler Gore

Post by TRG » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:46 pm

Kenny 2, Gritz 0
0 x
PRL iRacing Manager & Chief Road Steward

bonaduce
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Dan Barnett

Post by bonaduce » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:07 am

So far I can't break the 53. mark, has anyone tried driving this beast with the dive planes activated for down force, damn near impossible to take the sweeping turn after the second hairpin or it could just be me.

dan
0 x

paulwildridge
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Paul Wildridge

Post by paulwildridge » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:19 am

I do not think I have tried without the dive planes. I like a looser car so with that said I am not sure I can do it without them lol. You just have to be careful with the wheel and pedals. This track requires more smooth driving than you would think.
0 x
"I wipe my own ***"

DeamingPie
Organiser
United States of America
Full Name: Erik Captain DNF Luke

Post by DeamingPie » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:48 am

bonaduce wrote: So far I can't break the 53. mark, has anyone tried driving this beast with the dive planes activated for down force, damn near impossible to take the sweeping turn after the second hairpin or it could just be me.

dan

I've hit as low as 50.2 and average mid 50's.  Down force is needed here.

Telemetry has shown that going full throttle through the sweeping left slows you down as the wheels are spinning hurting forward motion (plus it's pushing you wider).

You cannot be overly concerned with a single, low timed lap.  There is going to be entirely too much traffic to reach your practice times.  This is going to be a race of attrition.  There are very few avenues of escape for people spinning, which is going to cause issues on the first couple of laps.  My prediction is 8 DNF's by lap 3.

2 x
2019 stats - 48 race starts, 46 DNFs

"You've been racing with your foot on the brake? What are you, a Florida F*&^ing blue hair?" - Wife

Looking for a button box?
https://www.facebook.com/apexbuttonbox/

paulwildridge
Premium Member
United States of America

Post by paulwildridge » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:17 am

DeamingPie wrote:
bonaduce wrote: So far I can't break the 53. mark, has anyone tried driving this beast with the dive planes activated for down force, damn near impossible to take the sweeping turn after the second hairpin or it could just be me.

dan

Telemetry has shown that going full throttle through the sweeping left slows you down as the wheels are spinning hurting forward motion (plus it's pushing you wider).

You cannot be overly concerned with a single, low timed lap.  There is going to be entirely too much traffic to reach your practice times.  This is going to be a race of attrition.  There are very few avenues of escape for people spinning, which is going to cause issues on the first couple of laps.  My prediction is 8 DNF's by lap 3.

Sounds like Mr. Luke is getting that battering ram warmed up for some *ss ramming... lol jk brotha.
1 x
"I wipe my own ***"

DeamingPie
Organiser
United States of America

Post by DeamingPie » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:43 am

paulwildridge wrote:
DeamingPie wrote:

dan

Sounds like Mr. Luke is getting that battering ram warmed up for some *ss ramming... lol jk brotha.
If I'm an idiot and jump the start again I just might go full Forza on everyone :lol:

Just in case I'll go ahead and wear the full body latex and have the ball gag at the quick and ready.  Sand paper marital aid optional...   :mrgreen:

How is the graphics card doing?  Holding up for you?  Let me know if you need anymore help.
2 x

"You've been racing with your foot on the brake? What are you, a Florida F*&^ing blue hair?" - Wife

Kenny Duval
Premium Member
United States of America

Post by Kenny Duval » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:12 pm

I predict you are going to see several Gritsko/Overbay Spa incidents...minor errors collecting multiple drivers simply because they were in close proximity with no where to go...

I would say you are going to see Q times in the high 49's but since it is open Q it would be hard to get there with everyone on track....
0 x

Kenny Duval
Premium Member
United States of America

Post by Kenny Duval » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:27 pm

We'll have a session up at 8pm...passworded to keep out the riff raff...

passwd : hfd1
1 x

paulwildridge
Premium Member
United States of America

Post by paulwildridge » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:36 am

Erik you are a Gentleman! Thanks for the help with the graphics card again. It works a lot better, slight tearing of the screen in the slower corners but I can handle it. I will try to overclock a little more but will end up having to upgrade sooner or later.
0 x
"I wipe my own ***"

DeamingPie
Organiser
United States of America

Post by DeamingPie » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:11 am

paulwildridge wrote: Erik you are a Gentleman! Thanks for the help with the graphics card again. It works a lot better, slight tearing of the screen in the slower corners but I can handle it. I will try to overclock a little more but will end up having to upgrade sooner or later.
I'm glad I could help!

Tsukuba is hard on every system, so hopefully when we get passed this round things will go back to normal for you.

I have an RX580 8GB on the cheap when you decide to upgrade.  I worked out a dope deal with a buddy of mine since there is a way to trick Nvidia into running Freesync.  Now appears that Nvidia will be Freesync enabled on the next update so I won't be experimenting with it ( I haven't dived into the complete details yet, just going by headlines). 
1 x

DeamingPie
Organiser
United States of America

Post by DeamingPie » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:17 am

1- After a race in Belgium with a long, fast lap, we head to Tsukuba in Japan, where a very short, technical lap awaits us! Are you excited for the challenge this track will bring, or worried about navigating traffic on such a tight track?

While the track is fun and challenging, I'm not looking forward to the race here. Traffic is going to be a bigger factor than how fast you can crank out laps.

2- The Radical is proving to be a challenging car to drive! Are you having to change your driving style at all to tame it, or was it a natural fit for you?

Very much a style change for me.

3- Its early in the season, but did you have any close racing and build any rivalrys?

I have my sights set on Mr. Duval, as he has been my bench mark since he brought me on board with the merry band of......any who. While I am not his rival since I am not up to his level yet, it's an enjoyable process to try and get there. Kenny is good people as he is actively helping me get there.
0 x

Gary Schilling
Organiser
United States of America
Full Name: Gary Schilling

Post by Gary Schilling » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:24 pm

Looks like I'm out for this one unless iRacing support can get to be before the race.
2 trips to the repair shop, reinstalled Oculus & iRacing and it's still crashing.
0 x

Kenny Duval
Premium Member
United States of America

Post by Kenny Duval » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:24 pm

Gary Schilling wrote: reinstalled Oculus 
I have identified the problem.
0 x

Gary Schilling
Organiser
United States of America
Full Name: Gary Schilling

Post by Gary Schilling » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:42 pm

Don't think so.
I sent the crash report to support.
They are working on it but said nothing about it having anything to do with Oculus.
Event viewer is showing Windows 1000 code.
I searched fixes and the only one with much info wants me to download software which I'm not doing.
I've sent you messages via WERA about it
0 x

paulwildridge
Premium Member
United States of America

Post by paulwildridge » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:00 pm

I got a buddy that races in WERA. Kyle Lowery. You guys know him? He ran an SV but I do not know if that is still what he runs.
0 x
"I wipe my own ***"

Kenny Duval
Premium Member
United States of America

Post by Kenny Duval » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:11 pm

paulwildridge wrote: I got a buddy that races in WERA. Kyle Lowery. You guys know him? He ran an SV but I do not know if that is still what he runs.
It's possible that even if we haven't been on track with him that if he is part of the WERA BBS that we know of him. I am a washed up has been anyway. The 16 years olds show up at the track every year and they are always 16. I get older and slower every year.
Last edited by Kenny Duval on Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Kenny Duval
Premium Member
United States of America

Post by Kenny Duval » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:17 pm

Gary Schilling wrote: Don't think so.
I sent the crash report to support.
They are working on it but said nothing about it having anything to do with Oculus.
Event viewer is showing Windows 1000 code.
I searched fixes and the only one with much info wants me to download software which I'm not doing.
I've sent you messages via WERA about it
That's a very generic Windows error. If you are having random crashes at the start of an application and you can't find any faults in the application itself then you likely have a hardware issue. You need to figure out which part is the possible issue. Take everything down to the basics. Motherboard, a single stick of memory and grab a second known working graphics card is the motherboard does not have onboard graphics. Default the BIOS and boot the machine. Test...if it doesn't fail add back in the second stick of memory...test. If that works swap back in you graphics card. DO all of this on a simple monitor. If nothing fails in all of this then add Oculus back in...

Random reboots when launching a game are almost always bad power, bad memory or bad graphics card. Other possibilities are bad overclocks on either the CPU or GPU...
You need to find the bad actor and that's something I can't do remotely.
0 x

Kenny Duval
Premium Member
United States of America

Post by Kenny Duval » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:25 pm

When in doubt...resort to troubleshooting 101.
0 x

Return to “American iRacing Thursday Series [S13] - Powered by HFD1 Motorsports”