Race 3: Charlotte Motor Speedway Roval (31Oct18)

Wednesday | 4% Qualification Race @ 9pm | 25% Race @ 9:15pm (EDT)
KDawgHonda777
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Kyle Spencer
Main Platform: PS4

Race 3: Charlotte Motor Speedway Roval (31Oct18)

Post by KDawgHonda777 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:12 pm

Image Coming Soon.

Laps: 27
Race Name in Game: Bank of America Roval 400
0 x
PRL Career Stats
ANHC
S1 Team Champion: Forward Byte

PCars GT3/GTE
S9-S13 Team Champion: Apex Motorsports
S10/S11/S12/S13 Driver Champion
Starts:84 Wins:29 Podiums:53 Poles:21 Fastest Lap:35 Hat Tricks:16 Grand Slams:9

vWardude
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Michael Caterino
Main Platform: PC

Re: Race 3: Charlotte Motor Speedway Roval (31Oct18)

Post by vWardude » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:58 pm

1. Tonight we take on what will be the most difficult track of the season, and maybe in league history. How do you think tonight’s race will play out for you?
  2. We introduced pre built custom setups(well, we were forced to) into the league this year. Now that you’ve had 2 races and 2 full weeks to experiment with them, how do you feel about the slider bar and just how far do you take your testing with the 9(?) options they give you?
  3. Joey Logano is going to be driving for a championship in Miami but all the talk is on how he got there. What’s your thoughts on how the final lap of Martinsville unfolded?
0 x
Mike Caterino

PS4 NASCAR Heat Career Stats

Races: 60 Wins: 9 Top 5: 42 Top 10: 55

2x ANHC Champion(S2,S4)🏆🏆
3x ANHC Team Champion(S2,S3,S4) 🥇🥇🥇
2x ANHC Playoff Champion(S3,S4) (Unofficial Championship)

The_EvoB
Rookie Member
United States of America
Full Name: Evan Budziszewski

Post by The_EvoB » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:10 pm

1. Tonight’s race is going to be a difficult one. With it being a new track introduced to the NASCAR circuit last season. It required a lot of practice and trying different set ups. Qualifying is going to be play a big factor. I believe with the 8 car we can qualify in the top 5 again this week.

2. The slider bar does require a little extra practice. For a track like tonight probably majority of the field are going to run closer to the more stable side of it. The days before the Richmond race, I was testing the slider up to 6-8. Car felt a little loose to my liking but after a couple laps, I felt like I was getting into my groove.

3. My thoughts on what Joey did last week at Martinsville is a double sided sword. Did he advance to the next of playoffs? Yes. Did he really have to give Martin the bump and run? Not really. Joey still could’ve been a tender for the final four drivers if he ran his car correctly bat Texas and Phonix. Here’s one thing though, in today’s society no one is used to the bump and run anymore. I still think that Martin and Kevin have a good chance to race in Miami for a championship.
0 x
American Nascar Heat Cup Series
Races: 9 Wins: 1 Top 5: 7 Top 10: 9 Poles: 0

ewilderm88
Rookie Member
United States of America
Full Name: Edward D Wildermuth

Post by ewilderm88 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:32 pm

1. Not going to go well for me. There are a couple spots on the track that if you don't hit perfect each time that will result in spinning. Consistency is my biggest issue and will probably cost me tonight.

2. I love the slider bar, testing is extremely time consuming though. Wish they'd give us the option to adjust it in the online lobbies. The whole having to start a quick race thing is exhausting.

3. It's NASCAR baby! Every driver in the race, except for Truex, would of used the bumper to get the win. Add in the fact that it was for a spot in Miami and why the hell wouldn't you. Love Logano's that's me comments about it too!#MakingNascarFunAgain
0 x

vWardude
Premium Member
United States of America

Post by vWardude » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:57 pm

1. I believe I put in enough practice to walk away satisfied with a top 5 but I’ll certainly be contending for better. As long as everyone is patient tonight, we can have some fun.

2. I really started to like it after the first full week of practice at Richmond. What I like the most about it is that it’s different at every track. For instance, you couldn’t use anything above a 7(3rd highest) at Atlanta without loosing the rear end, meanwhile at Richmond it was almost preferred to run it at 7. As always on new editions of heat, everyone will in general get faster with more experience as the seasons go on.

3. I didn’t mind the move at all, they’re racing for a championship! I found Denny’s move on Elliot last season to be much worse, he spun him while Logano just shoved him and Truex still had a shot coming off 4 it just didn’t go his way
0 x
Mike Caterino

The_EvoB
Rookie Member
United States of America
Full Name: Evan Budziszewski

Post by The_EvoB » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:39 pm

Q: 5th
During qualifying I got called out for a little lag spike which scared me a little, because I didn’t want to ruin anyone’s race after qualifying. After the session was over no one else called me out for lagging and thankfully it was just one time thing.

R: 4th
Another Top 5 finish to this season and still remaining as a contender for the championship. During the race there wasn’t a two driver incident that happened at all. It was just a driver who would make one mistake and cost himself. Towards the end I thought Jake was going to catch Kdawg but just made a driver error after Kdawg took the white flag. With that the race would be called official. It sucks seeing someone like Jake have two weeks of bad luck. He had a fast car for the last two weeks and just had bad luck in the last couple of laps. It’s racing, every point matters for advancement into the next round. Glad the 8 car now has back to back finishes in the Top 5, and now it’s time to practice for Dover. Hopefully keep the streak up of Top 5 finishes. Maybe a win next week.
0 x
American Nascar Heat Cup Series
Races: 9 Wins: 1 Top 5: 7 Top 10: 9 Poles: 0

vWardude
Premium Member
United States of America

Post by vWardude » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:12 am

Q: 3rd
I qualified right where I expected to in 3rd. I definitely had a good 1:10 lap going on the last one but I killed myself in the infield chicane just before the start finish line but was happy to walk away with a 1:11 flat.

R:2nd
Well I’ll sure accept the finish, I just wish I raced a bit of a cleaner race, that was my goal going in. The first couple laps started great, I was happy to let off into 4th place and just cruise for a while. We had our first test of the backstretch chicane on lap 1 where 4 cars were all running within a second of each other and we made it through very nicely, it was good to see. A couple laps later is when my first mistake occurred. I’ve hit the exit wall of the backstretch chicane many of times earlier in the week, but never hit the inside chicane wall as I did this time, unfortunately evo got caught up in it as well bringing out our first caution. About midway through the race that’s where my second mistake happened, again in the chicane, this time the infield one. Caution again. After that we ran a great race, I was very happy to get it back together as I felt pretty fast here(not Jake and Kdawg fast, but I’ll be testing that more for next time). We ran into problems with the 88 car with about 8 to go. Entering the back stretch, I was able to get to the 88s quarterpanel and drive up to his door panel before the entrance of the chicane, I hit the brakes much harder than I usually do, we both entered great, then I felt the 88 hit the brakes midway through the chicane, something that I wasn’t used to and wasn’t a common brake spot, which put me in the back of him running him to the outside wall exiting the chicane. He wanted the spot back, I didn’t think it was warranted as I felt we were both at fault there, he just got the worse of it. I clipped the wall a couple times while discussing the incident allowing both the 88 and 78 to catch me, the 78 got by while myself and the 88 door banged a bit before I finally took off and drove to 2nd as Jake made a mistake on the last lap. I’m very excited for Dover, we’re goiny to have a great car going into next week.
0 x
Mike Caterino

Return to “American Nascar Heat Cup Series (PS4) [S6]”