NEW IRACING CHAMPIONSHIPS SIGNUPS ARE UP!

Round 13: Belgium - Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps (09Jan19 @ 9pm EST)

F1 2018 | Wednesday @ 9pm EDT
AaronWebb85
Manager
United States of America
Full Name: Aaron Webb
Main Platform: PC

Round 13: Belgium - Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps (09Jan19 @ 9pm EST)

Post by AaronWebb85 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:51 pm

Last Season's Results: 
1st: Darklol
2nd: Tron4949
3rd: Sucuri
Pole: Darklol (01:43.390) 
FL: Zephyr (01:47.364)
0 x
PRL Manager and Steward
Career Stats
8 Wins, 53 Podiums, 15 Poles, 22 Fastest Laps
PS4 pCars Friday Series S1 Driver Champion
7 Time Team Champion

Normand
Rookie Member
Canada
Full Name: Normand Pinet

Re: Round 13: Belgium - Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps (09Jan19 @ 9pm EST)

Post by Normand » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:34 pm

Checked my work schedule and wont be there
0 x

moogleslam
Premium Member
Scotland
Full Name: PJ Gaudie

Post by moogleslam » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:54 pm

Everyone back for this one? Full grid? :)
0 x

Zephyr
Elite Member
United States of America
Full Name: Ryan Kings

Post by Zephyr » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:05 pm

I'll be back for this one. Gotta make sure I keep my only fastest lap record :)
0 x

jalmenar
Premium Member
Venezuela
Full Name: jonathan

Post by jalmenar » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:09 pm

I hate to say, I might not make it tonight :x I'm moving and I'll probably spend the night at my new house.
Such a shame! Spa is one of the circuits that I know from previous experience and have decent pace (low 1:43s), I was hoping to Q within the top 10 like I did in Canada and get some points, but well, next time.
0 x

moogleslam
Premium Member
Scotland

Post by moogleslam » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:33 pm

Possible I don't make it again :( Some long story involving Drivers Ed classes & knee surgery....

Kinda 50/50 right now....
0 x

Muddh20
Rookie Member
United States of America
Full Name: Lance Mudd

Post by Muddh20 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:02 pm

Will be here!
1 x

iceman153
Veteran Member
Australia
Full Name: Mark Killow

Post by iceman153 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:05 pm

I'm not going to make it, was hoping to be over this flu by now, but I'm still stuck in bed with a fever.
1 x

moogleslam
Premium Member
Scotland

Post by moogleslam » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:37 pm

iceman153 wrote: I'm not going to make it, was hoping to be over this flu by now, but I'm still stuck in bed with a fever.
Teammates, same steering wheel, and now we both have the flu?  Are we taking this too far? :)

I've been sick since the 2nd, but today is the first day I've improved, so am ready for some racing (if things work out; still TBD).
1 x

iceman153
Veteran Member
Australia
Full Name: Mark Killow

Post by iceman153 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:42 pm

Lol! Yeah I've been stuck in bed since Saturday... And hey the wheel also matches our Renault colors ;). Definitely not too far, lol
1 x

patlessard
Premium Member
Jamaica
Full Name: Patrice Lessard

Post by patlessard » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:45 pm

moogleslam wrote:
iceman153 wrote: I'm not going to make it, was hoping to be over this flu by now, but I'm still stuck in bed with a fever.
Teammates, same steering wheel, and now we both have the flu?  Are we taking this too far? :)

I've been sick since the 2nd, but today is the first day I've improved, so am ready for some racing (if things work out; still TBD).
I'Ve had it since december 22...juste getting out off it    

that thing is strong this year !!
1 x
1st WDC S7 D4 Williams
Most Podiums in a Season S7 D4 (16)
Most Points Season S7 D4 (420) tied with Pirac
Most Fastest Laps Season (8) S7 D4 tied with Pirac
All Time Podiums D4 (20)
All Time Pole Positions D4 (12)
All Time Fastest Laps D4 (8)

moogleslam
Premium Member
Scotland

Post by moogleslam » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:32 am

After missing the last two races while my parents were visiting, I was super excited to get back on track with you all, primarily because this beauty had finally arrived, and I love it!  ... though I suppose the real credit should go to the CSL Elite Wheel Base+ for that extra feels :)

Qualifying

On my out lap, I had my game crash with a message about needing to verify game cache.  I'd had this a couple of days prior, and I did run the Steam function to do this, so I had assumed the issue was resolved.  Apparently not.   When I got back in the session there was about 3 minutes left. As I crossed the pit limiter line, I realized I initially didn't have control of my car at all; it wasn't receiving my inputs so the car just decelerated, went straight, and crashed into the barrier causing minor damage to my front wing.  A second later, and I had control, but it was like my steering rotation was 1080 degrees, then a few seconds after that, it reverted to 360.  No idea what that was about.  Anyway, I had only had a chance to do one hot lap with my damaged wing, but cut a corner, and that was that.  Starting from the back.

Race

Unfortunately, I also had recording issues apparently, as I don't have a recording of the race, not even my first lap for my LAP1Series.  It was a bad one though.  Almost lost it through Eau Rouge, and was lucky not to hit the barrier.  Contact with someone at Les Combes which caused a half spin, and then my wife arrived home and was talking to me for the rest of the lap which lost me a lot of focus, so I was way down on everyone else.

Like Silverstone though, after a bad first lap, I totally dialed it in and got in a great groove.  Nothing had shown it up to that point, but I had some good pace here.  More than that though, was that I had started on the right tire for the weather conditions, the Soft.  This ended up lasting to the exact point where I'd need to switch to Inters for the rain.  Before that point though, I just found pace and consistency, and it seemed a lot of drivers around me did not.  I moved up a lot of places through incidents from others, including some of the front runners, and then I moved up some more as drivers who had started on the Super Soft had to pit.  In no time at all, I was running in 3rd.

I waited until the perfect lap to pit, but the run down the back straight was getting a bit dodgy, and I almost lost it, running onto the grass and losing a couple of places, albeit to other drivers who were also pitting.  The 3 of us went into the pits, and...... my game crashed with the same message yet again.  Ugh.

Summary

Really disappointing as I was having a heck of a recovery race up to that point, and would have loved to have seen where I could have ended up.  For sure, having a new wheel has made a huge difference.  I can feel my car doing oversteery things I never felt before, plus it's just such a joy to have EVERYTHING mapped to the wheel, with still loads of button maps left over.

Right after the game, I uninstalled, and started a re-install, so we'll see if that fixes things for me, since the Verify Integrity of Game Files did not.  I LOVE Monza, which is my second favorite track after Monaco, so that should motivate me to get some practice done over the next week to test things out.
0 x

Fruitsalsa
Canada
Full Name: Alex

Post by Fruitsalsa » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:54 am

moogleslam wrote:  and then my wife arrived home and was talking to me for the rest of the lap which lost me a lot of focus, so I was way down on everyone else.
So many variables to control!  ;)

I feel you, my girlfriend arrived on the penultimate lap of the race while I was clutching to my 6th place (and my first points of the season, on the rain).... I delayed that welcoming chitchat for 5 min real quick
1 x

nickthequick
Stewards
United States of America
Full Name: Nick Delp

Post by nickthequick » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:56 am

moogleslam wrote: Summary

Really disappointing as I was having a heck of a recovery race up to that point, and would have loved to have seen where I could have ended up.  For sure, having a new wheel has made a huge difference.  I can feel my car doing oversteery things I never felt before, plus it's just such a joy to have EVERYTHING mapped to the wheel, with still loads of button maps left over.

Right after the game, I uninstalled, and started a re-install, so we'll see if that fixes things for me, since the Verify Integrity of Game Files did not.  I LOVE Monza, which is my second favorite track after Monaco, so that should motivate me to get some practice done over the next week to test things out.
I saw your name on the standings up to P3 and just as I thought man PJ is making a comeback I see the disconnect message... that is rough man!

That rain showed up really fast.  On the forecast it said it should be around the middle of the race.
1 x

moogleslam
Premium Member
Scotland

Post by moogleslam » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:28 pm

So, who the heck won? I need some results! :)
0 x

nickthequick
Stewards
United States of America
Full Name: Nick Delp

Post by nickthequick » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:01 pm

moogleslam wrote: So, who the heck won?  I need some results! :)
Hopefully Dark recorded, because I forgot to set up any kind of recording software on my PC.
0 x

Return to “American F1 2018 No Assist PC Championship [S14]”