Round 21: United Arab Emirates - Yas Marina Circuit (13Mar19 @ 9pm EDT)

F1 2018 | Wednesday @ 9pm EDT
AaronWebb85
Manager
United States of America
Full Name: Aaron Webb
Main Platform: PC
iRacing ID: Aaron Webb

Round 21: United Arab Emirates - Yas Marina Circuit (13Mar19 @ 9pm EDT)

Post by AaronWebb85 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:40 pm

Last Season's Results: 
1st: Darklol
2nd: Tron4949
3rd: Zephyr
Pole: Darklol (01:37.823)
FL: Darklol (01:40.480
0 x
PRL Manager and Steward
Career PRL Stats
8 Wins, 53 Podiums, 15 Poles, 23 Fastest Laps
PS4 pCars Friday Series S1 Driver Champion
7 Time Team Champion

Normand
Rookie Member
Canada
Full Name: Normand Pinet
iRacing ID: Normand Pinet2

Re: Round 21: United Arab Emirates - Yas Marina Circuit (13Mar19 @ 9pm EDT)

Post by Normand » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:37 pm

Checked my work schedule and wont be there
0 x

moogleslam
Premium Member
Scotland
Full Name: PJ Gaudie
iRacing ID: PJ Gaudie

Post by moogleslam » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:06 am

With 1 race to go, I took a look at the current standings to see best and worst cases for all drivers that have shown up at least once in the last five races.  I assumed that each driver could match their season best.  Of course, in a lot of cases it relies on other drivers scoring very few, or even zero points tonight.  
  • If your name is italic, you're locked into your current position.
  • If your name is green, you can either stay in the same position or move up.
  • If your name is red, you can either stay in the same position or move down.
  • If your name is blue, you can stay in the same position, move up, or move down.
Name | Current Position | Best Possible Position  | Worst Possible Position

Darklol | 1 | 1 | 1

Tron4949 | 2 | 2 | 2

kub | 3 | 3 | 4

Sucuri | 4 | 3 | 5

Megaman | 5 | 4 | 6

Bobino12 | 6 | 5 | 7

nickthequick | 7 | 5 | 7

Plasmaraider | 8 | 8 | 8

moogleslam | 9 | 9 | 10

iceman153 | 10 | 9 | 10

Falco Bronzo | 12 | 12 | 12

Fruitsalsa | 14 | 14 | 14

Normand | 16 | 14 | 16

jalmenar | 17 | 17 | 19

crizano | 18 | 17 | 19

patlessard | 19 | 17 | 19

Zephyr | 27 | 27 | 27

As you can see, still lots to play for!

.... and congrats to Dark for winning the Championship (I think after CotA)!
2 x

Fruitsalsa
Canada
Full Name: Alex

Post by Fruitsalsa » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:27 pm

Last edited by Fruitsalsa on Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Fruitsalsa
Canada
Full Name: Alex

Post by Fruitsalsa » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:28 pm

Thanks for the thorough analysis!  :)
1 x

Zephyr
Elite Member
United States of America
Full Name: Ryan Kings

Post by Zephyr » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:43 pm

moogleslam wrote: With 1 race to go, I took a look at the current standings to see best and worst cases for all drivers that have shown up at least once in the last five races.  I assumed that each driver could match their season best.  Of course, in a lot of cases it relies on other drivers scoring very few, or even zero points tonight.  
  • If your name is italic, you're locked into your current position.
  • If your name is green, you can either stay in the same position or move up.
  • If your name is red, you can either stay in the same position or move down.
  • If your name is blue, you can stay in the same position, move up, or move down.
Name | Current Position | Best Possible Position  | Worst Possible Position

Darklol | 1 | 1 | 1

Tron4949 | 2 | 2 | 2

kub | 3 | 3 | 4

Sucuri | 4 | 3 | 4

Megaman | 5 | 4 | 6

Bobino12 | 6 | 5 | 7

nickthequick | 7 | 5 | 7

Plasmaraider | 8 | 8 | 8

moogleslam | 9 | 9 | 10

iceman153 | 10 | 9 | 10

Falco Bronzo | 12 | 12 | 12

Fruitsalsa | 14 | 14 | 14

Normand | 16 | 14 | 16

jalmenar | 17 | 17 | 19

crizano | 18 | 17 | 19

patlessard | 19 | 17 | 19

Zephyr | 27 | 27 | 27

As you can see, still lots to play for!

.... and congrats to Dark for winning the Championship (I think after CotA)!
Solid -4 points for me this season
0 x

kub
Poland
Full Name: Jakub Karczewicz

Post by kub » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:45 am

Good season.
1 x

moogleslam
Premium Member
Scotland

Post by moogleslam » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:23 am

Qualifying

Qualifying wasn't great.  Though my first lap was perhaps a bit better than expected, I was then over a half second up on both my second and third hot laps, but I made mistakes each time.  I was also fueled for two hot laps during my last time out of the pits, but cut turn 1 for the second attempt, so that went no where.  Looks like I could have been one place further up the grid, but 6th was decent.

Race

The first lap was uneventful, but that's usually a good thing.  A decent start to hold position, and no places lost or gained.  Lap two was a different story.  Plasma hit the barrier in sector 3, and though he was stopped on the racing line, I managed to get around him.  Plasma's incident had caused kub to lose momentum as he headed toward the double right hander at the end of the lap, and I half stuck my nose in on the inside to pressure him a bit.  I didn't think I had position to make a pass, but kub seemed to go wide, so I was able to get ahead into 4th.

The next few laps were fairly quiet.  Mega was a head and slightly faster, and Bobino was behind, and I was holding a gap to him.  Eventually, Tron, who I think started on the Ultra tire, had caught and passed Bobino.  With my Ultra tires fading fast, I didn't put up a fight when he caught me on lap 8, and he had an easy pass out of the hairpin, possibly even before we hit the DRS zone.

So tires.... as usual, I went into this with no idea as to what tire compounds we had for the race, never mind which ones I should use.  I had had some luck in recent races with a one stop and stretching the two softest compounds to the full race distance.  I went into this with the same plan, and didn't even carry any extra fuel, with the hope it might save me a tiny bit of wear.  It was clear from quite early on that this wasn't going to work here.  By lap 6, I was already feeling a huge loss of grip, and while I gave it another couple of laps, I decided I had to pit on lap 8.  Even then I was back and forth on Hyper vs Super Soft.  At the last minute, I went Super Soft, as I knew it was the only tire with a chance of going race distance, and I felt that might give me a better result than stopping again (not that I had any date on tire delta's!)

Pitting had dropped me to 8th, but I'd get back ahead of Bobino when he pitted a couple of laps later.  Gained back another place when it looked like Jonathan crashed when entering the pits.  Since my pit stop, I'd had kub a couple of seconds ahead, and he gifted me his position when he spun somewhere around turn 3 on lap 13.  A Megaman pit stop,  and I was up to 4th..... but not for long.

On lap 18, I lost the back end coming out of turn 1, and went into the barrier.  Thought I was going to lose a wheel and DNF, but wing damage only.  "Only" still being enough to ruin my race.  With Dark crashing out later, I could have been up to 3rd.  Between my crash and the pit stop, that incident cost me ~46 seconds, and any hope of a good position.  I fitted Hyper's and exited the pits in 7th, then Dark's crash gave me 6th.  kub pitted under the VSC, so I briefly had 5th, but he came out right behind me, and was lighting fast on fresh Hyper's.  From my perspective, it didn't seem like he had any overlap before the turn in point at the end of the first DRS zone, so there ended up being some contact, but I had no chance of holding the position anyway.  Back to 6th where I'd stay until the end.

Summary

Not really how I wanted to close out this season, but there were still some good moments.

Overall, I'm glad to be done with this game.  Again, I love the races themselves, because this is a great group of guys, and whether I practice or not, there is always someone to race with on track.  Like I always say, I'm not good at commitment and I don't like practicing, but I also don't like being unprepared, so there's that conundrum.  Another big part of it is that without VR support, I'm having to move my monitor back and forth between my rig and my desk, and it's a huge pain.  VR only for my rig from now on!  Then there's other frustrating elements to the game, particularly the game's inability to accurately detect corner cutting.  I had one of the worst ones tonight when I went wide on the entry to the hairpin (but still two tires on track), and got my first 3 second penalty.

Like I said, the game was uninstalled 2 minutes after the race was done, and now iRacing is installed and ready for when I get home from work today! :)

Hopefully I'll be back some day, but for that, I want to see:
  • VR support
  • Accurate corner cutting detection
  • Ability to practice with Equal Cars in single player
  • Force Cockpit for Multiplayer
1 x

patlessard
Premium Member
Jamaica
Full Name: Patrice Lessard

Post by patlessard » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:55 pm

moogleslam wrote: Qualifying

Qualifying wasn't great.  Though my first lap was perhaps a bit better than expected, I was then over a half second up on both my second and third hot laps, but I made mistakes each time.  I was also fueled for two hot laps during my last time out of the pits, but cut turn 1 for the second attempt, so that went no where.  Looks like I could have been one place further up the grid, but 6th was decent.

Race

The first lap was uneventful, but that's usually a good thing.  A decent start to hold position, and no places lost or gained.  Lap two was a different story.  Plasma hit the barrier in sector 3, and though he was stopped on the racing line, I managed to get around him.  Plasma's incident had caused kub to lose momentum as he headed toward the double right hander at the end of the lap, and I half stuck my nose in on the inside to pressure him a bit.  I didn't think I had position to make a pass, but kub seemed to go wide, so I was able to get ahead into 4th.

The next few laps were fairly quiet.  Mega was a head and slightly faster, and Bobino was behind, and I was holding a gap to him.  Eventually, Tron, who I think started on the Ultra tire, had caught and passed Bobino.  With my Ultra tires fading fast, I didn't put up a fight when he caught me on lap 8, and he had an easy pass out of the hairpin, possibly even before we hit the DRS zone.

So tires.... as usual, I went into this with no idea as to what tire compounds we had for the race, never mind which ones I should use.  I had had some luck in recent races with a one stop and stretching the two softest compounds to the full race distance.  I went into this with the same plan, and didn't even carry any extra fuel, with the hope it might save me a tiny bit of wear.  It was clear from quite early on that this wasn't going to work here.  By lap 6, I was already feeling a huge loss of grip, and while I gave it another couple of laps, I decided I had to pit on lap 8.  Even then I was back and forth on Hyper vs Super Soft.  At the last minute, I went Super Soft, as I knew it was the only tire with a chance of going race distance, and I felt that might give me a better result than stopping again (not that I had any date on tire delta's!)

Pitting had dropped me to 8th, but I'd get back ahead of Bobino when he pitted a couple of laps later.  Gained back another place when it looked like Jonathan crashed when entering the pits.  Since my pit stop, I'd had kub a couple of seconds ahead, and he gifted me his position when he spun somewhere around turn 3 on lap 13.  A Megaman pit stop,  and I was up to 4th..... but not for long.

On lap 18, I lost the back end coming out of turn 1, and went into the barrier.  Thought I was going to lose a wheel and DNF, but wing damage only.  "Only" still being enough to ruin my race.  With Dark crashing out later, I could have been up to 3rd.  Between my crash and the pit stop, that incident cost me ~46 seconds, and any hope of a good position.  I fitted Hyper's and exited the pits in 7th, then Dark's crash gave me 6th.  kub pitted under the VSC, so I briefly had 5th, but he came out right behind me, and was lighting fast on fresh Hyper's.  From my perspective, it didn't seem like he had any overlap before the turn in point at the end of the first DRS zone, so there ended up being some contact, but I had no chance of holding the position anyway.  Back to 6th where I'd stay until the end.

Summary

Not really how I wanted to close out this season, but there were still some good moments.

Overall, I'm glad to be done with this game.  Again, I love the races themselves, because this is a great group of guys, and whether I practice or not, there is always someone to race with on track.  Like I always say, I'm not good at commitment and I don't like practicing, but I also don't like being unprepared, so there's that conundrum.  Another big part of it is that without VR support, I'm having to move my monitor back and forth between my rig and my desk, and it's a huge pain.  VR only for my rig from now on!  Then there's other frustrating elements to the game, particularly the game's inability to accurately detect corner cutting.  I had one of the worst ones tonight when I went wide on the entry to the hairpin (but still two tires on track), and got my first 3 second penalty.

Like I said, the game was uninstalled 2 minutes after the race was done, and now iRacing is installed and ready for when I get home from work today! :)

Hopefully I'll be back some day, but for that, I want to see:
  • VR support
  • Accurate corner cutting detection
  • Ability to practice with Equal Cars in single player
  • Force Cockpit for Multiplayer
I'll put my first lap tonight !

I was watching you at that time in spectator mode , Kub came from a bit too far back and had to use you to break to make the corner  ... a little patience would have gotten him DRS at the next corner , at least you didn't get damage
0 x
1st WDC S7 D4 Williams
Most Podiums in a Season S7 D4 (16)
Most Points Season S7 D4 (420) tied with Pirac
Most Fastest Laps Season (8) S7 D4 tied with Pirac
All Time Podiums D4 (20)
All Time Pole Positions D4 (12)
All Time Fastest Laps D4 (8)

patlessard
Premium Member
Jamaica
Full Name: Patrice Lessard

Post by patlessard » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:27 pm

1 st Lap

1 x
1st WDC S7 D4 Williams
Most Podiums in a Season S7 D4 (16)
Most Points Season S7 D4 (420) tied with Pirac
Most Fastest Laps Season (8) S7 D4 tied with Pirac
All Time Podiums D4 (20)
All Time Pole Positions D4 (12)
All Time Fastest Laps D4 (8)

moogleslam
Premium Member
Scotland

Post by moogleslam » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:00 pm

A little late, but here's my final LAP1Series of the season:

0 x

Return to “American F1 2018 No Assist PC Championship [S14]”