NEW IRACING CHAMPIONSHIPS SIGNUPS ARE UP!
Give yourself a priority seat by subscribing to a Premium membership!

Round 7: Canada - Sponsored By Ranga! - Circuit Gilles Villenueve (17May18 @ 9pm EDT)

***Broadcasted*** | F1 2017 | Thursday @ 9pm EDT
AaronWebb85
Manager
United States of America
Full Name: Aaron Webb
Main Platform: PC

Round 7: Canada - Sponsored By Ranga! - Circuit Gilles Villenueve (17May18 @ 9pm EDT)

Post by AaronWebb85 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:48 pm

Last Season's Results:
1st: ForzaAlonso14
2nd: McSendit
3rd: SweetTooth182
Pole: Melg222 (1.10.822)
FL: McSendit (1.12.456)

Pre-Race Interview:
1) How will you keep your car out of the Wall of Champions?
2) How many total corner cutting penalties will we see in this race?  How do you feel about the corner cutting here in general?
3) IRL F1 it seems like many drivers may already be on the hot seat.  Who do you think will lose their ride?
0 x
PRL Manager and Steward
Career Stats
8 Wins, 53 Podiums, 15 Poles, 22 Fastest Laps
PS4 pCars Friday Series S1 Driver Champion
7 Time Team Champion

nickthequick
Stewards
United States of America
Full Name: Nick Delp

Re: Round 7: Canada - Sponsored By Ranga! - Circuit Gilles Villenueve (17May18 @ 9pm EDT)

Post by nickthequick » Mon May 14, 2018 11:00 am

Thank you Ranga for sponsoring this track!
1 x

nickthequick
Stewards
United States of America

Re: Round 7: Canada - Sponsored By Ranga! - Circuit Gilles Villenueve (17May18 @ 9pm EDT)

Post by nickthequick » Mon May 14, 2018 11:25 am

pre-race interview is up!
1 x

AaronWebb85
Manager
United States of America
Full Name: Aaron Webb

Post by AaronWebb85 » Mon May 14, 2018 1:02 pm

That will be a challenge for sure. I will try to be a bit conservative there during the race, but worry about when side by side with another car.

2) How many total corner cutting penalties will we see in this race?  How do you feel about the corner cutting here in general?
I expect at least 3 penalties for myslef :(. It is certainly one of the toughest circuits to avoid them. You can easily remove the possibility of cutting a corner, if you want to be 2 seconds slower a lap!

3) IRL F1 it seems like many drivers may already be on the hot seat.  Who do you think will lose their ride?
I think it's close between Grosjean and Hartley right now. I would think it would be Hartley to get replaced first, as Grosjean earned some equity with his good performances in the last two years. 
0 x
PRL Manager and Steward
Career Stats
8 Wins, 53 Podiums, 15 Poles, 22 Fastest Laps
PS4 pCars Friday Series S1 Driver Champion
7 Time Team Champion

Hootius
Manager
United States of America
Full Name: Charles Sumner

Post by Hootius » Mon May 14, 2018 3:44 pm

In my driving days, I somehow managed to never hit the wall, then again I was never super aggressive on the curbing either. For commentary, I never wish for anyone to DNF... but if you want to, feel free to eat that wall for a cheeky commentary one-liner.

2) How many total corner cutting penalties will we see in this race?  How do you feel about the corner cutting here in general?
I've got nothing on this one. I just hope the cuts are limited and positions are determined by who crosses the line first.

3) IRL F1 it seems like many drivers may already be on the hot seat.  Who do you think will lose their ride?
Grosjean needs to get his stuff together quickly. Haas should be the 4th best team, but the keep finding ways to screw it up.
0 x
iRacing Oval Manager & PRL Chief Oval Steward
Career PRL Stats
15 Wins - 87 Top-5's - 11 Poles - 8 Fastest Laps
Project Cars GT3 Drivers Champion
5-Time PRL Team Champion

Twitch.tv/OldManHoot
Twitter.com/Hootius

nickthequick
Stewards
United States of America

Post by nickthequick » Mon May 14, 2018 5:14 pm

The key is to avoid too much inside curb.  If you lose the rear there, you could end up in the wall.  I definitely do not want to go through that corner 2 wide that is for sure.

I think we may end up seeing something like 30 penalties.  I will try my hardest not to get any, but for me it turn 3-4 and 8-9 under the bridge.

Hartley, GrossJeans, and Markus Ericson should be if he was not a pay driver.  He is currently getting destroyed.  I don't really like Stroll's attitude either or his driving but he brings the bank as well. 
0 x

Dano1Z
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Dan Zegers

Post by Dano1Z » Wed May 16, 2018 11:13 am

Consistency is key for me, so trying to set the fastest pace over and over through that section usually results in a few broken pieces off the wing. My goal is easy pace through there so I don't need to take an unnecessary stop in the pits.

2) How many total corner cutting penalties will we see in this race?  How do you feel about the corner cutting here in general?
Tons. Way too easy at this circuit to accrue penalties and also to cut some time off without penalties. A fine line from severely hurting your race.

3) IRL F1 it seems like many drivers may already be on the hot seat.  Who do you think will lose their ride?
Grosjean. It's been an ugly year for him and keeps hurting his team each week.
0 x

nickthequick
Stewards
United States of America

Post by nickthequick » Wed May 16, 2018 2:19 pm

Hey Dano by the way you were on a great drive at Monaco until you lost your wing!
0 x

McSendit
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Conner Stanek
Main Platform: PS4

Post by McSendit » Thu May 17, 2018 5:18 pm

By not going two wide through the last chicane

2) How many total corner cutting penalties will we see in this race? How do you feel about the corner cutting here in general?

There will be a ton of penalties tonight. I wish that the curbs were higher, so it would be faster to use less curb/cut less.

3) IRL F1 it seems like many drivers may already be on the hot seat. Who do you think will lose their ride?

Grosjean has been giving us reasons every single race, so..
0 x

nickthequick
Stewards
United States of America

Post by nickthequick » Fri May 18, 2018 1:19 pm

The race started off a little sketchy with a little wheel banging with Aaron.  From there Aero and Ranga got by.  I was lucky get get back past Ranga with a over under move. 

From there I had to reel back in Aero and luckily was able to.

After that it was just not wrecking the car in the never ending drizzle.  The weather on this game is something else as that track would have definitely been wet a lot earlier in real life.

Ended up making it up to P2 as my high down-force helped me out and a few drivers made mistakes at the front.  I will definitely take it, and it was a solid drive even if I wasn't the fastest.
0 x

Return to “American F1 2017 PS4 Championship [S10]”