Round 8: Azerbaijan - Baku City (24May18 @ 9pm EDT)

***Broadcasted*** | F1 2017 | Thursday @ 9pm EDT
AaronWebb85
Manager
United States of America
Full Name: Aaron Webb
Main Platform: PC

Round 8: Azerbaijan - Baku City (24May18 @ 9pm EDT)

Post by AaronWebb85 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:47 pm

Last Season's Results:
1st: ForzaAlonso14
2nd: MitchMan009
3rd: Cameps
Pole: McSendit (1.40.280)
FL: ForzaAlonso14 (1.53.181) (W)

Pre-Race Interview:
1) This week we are at another track where the walls are close.  How do you like this circuit?
2) Have you ever wanted to pull a Vettel and ram into another driver out of frustration or have even crossed the line and actually done this?
3) Who will Hoot put the commentary curse on this week?
Last edited by nickthequick on Mon May 21, 2018 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Race for this week.
0 x
PRL Career Stats
8 Wins, 53 Podiums, 15 Poles, 22 Fastest Laps
PS4 pCars Friday Series S1 Driver Champion
7 Time Team Champion

nickthequick
Organiser
United States of America
Full Name: Nick Delp

Re: Round 8: Azerbaijan - Baku City (24May18 @ 9pm EDT)

Post by nickthequick » Mon May 21, 2018 11:01 am

Pre-race interview is up!
1 x

Hootius
Stewards
United States of America
Full Name: Charles Sumner

Post by Hootius » Tue May 22, 2018 9:10 am

1) This week we are at another track where the walls are close. How do you like this circuit?
As both a racer and a commentator, this is probably my favorite street circuit. Though Sector 2 is pretty awful and only provides a recipe for disaster, Sectors 1 & 3 make for some great moments.

2) Have you ever wanted to pull a Vettel and ram into another driver out of frustration or have even crossed the line and actually done this?

Nah, I'd take the Jimmy Spencer approach and punch somebody in the pits after the race.

Seems like every week I do a pretty good job knocking out one of the podium guys with the curse. And we all remember what happened to McSendit last time we were here....
1 x
iRacing Oval Manager & PRL Chief Steward
Career PRL Stats
15 Wins - 79 Top-5's - 9 Poles - 8 Fastest Laps
Project Cars GT3 Drivers Champion
5-Time PRL Team Champion

Twitch.tv/OldManHoot
Twitter.com/Hootius

ranga
Rookie Member
India
Full Name: Ranga
Main Platform: PS4

Post by ranga » Tue May 22, 2018 2:19 pm

Pre-Race Interview:
1) This week we are at another track where the walls are close.  How do you like this circuit?
Not one of my favorite tracks. In real life, the races are great, but in general I get punished frequently by the walls, especially early on so will try to be mindful of that.

Lol no, not in a league race for sure. I'm also never racing for the lead :D

Er...jrod, because he's next in the standings.
1 x

nickthequick
Organiser
United States of America

Post by nickthequick » Tue May 22, 2018 6:55 pm

1) This week we are at another track where the walls are close.  How do you like this circuit?
I honestly really dislike this track.  The first two corners of the start of the race are way too chaotic and the inside car never gives the outside car enough room.  Castle is a complete joke of a corner and is DRS really needed on a straight like that?  The good news is only Singapore is left :D but I will be lucky to be in the top 5 around this place.  Man I really have a negative attitude about this place.

In a PRL race I do not think so.  In public lobbies I want to all the time.  For some reason I have been joining them to get to rank 50 and to also try and mess around with Online Setups a little.

If there is a such thing as a commentary curse, there must also be some kind of opposite thing?  I'll go for that one or maybe I'll put a curse on Hoot right now - This will be your best commentated race yet!
0 x

mc_laren__f1
Premium Member
Canada
Full Name: richard w palmer
Main Platform: PS4

Post by mc_laren__f1 » Thu May 24, 2018 5:23 pm

out of town for work tonight , sorry i will have to miss the race.
0 x

AaronWebb85
Manager
United States of America
Full Name: Aaron Webb

Post by AaronWebb85 » Fri May 25, 2018 11:54 am

Q: 7th
Not a great lap and the 2nd shot was worse.

R: 17th
Got a very nice start. Moved up to P6 as Nick gave me lots of room into turn 3. Stayed close to Aero and with DRS went to make a move to the inside on the start straight. In the end I made the wrong choice to go to the inside as the wall was quickly approaching and Aero held his line which resulted in me slamming the wall and unfortunately collecting Nick in the aftermath. I wish I had gone to the outside, but the decision was a quick one. If Aero had left a little room once he knew I was there, we all would have driven away without incident but he held his line as he is entitled to do. Looking to forget the last couple weeks and try to work toward a better result next week in Austria. 
0 x
PRL Career Stats
8 Wins, 53 Podiums, 15 Poles, 22 Fastest Laps
PS4 pCars Friday Series S1 Driver Champion
7 Time Team Champion

nickthequick
Organiser
United States of America

Post by nickthequick » Fri May 25, 2018 2:48 pm

For my first Quali Banker Lap I messed up S1 and S2 but Brian somewhat saved my lap as I was able to get his slipstream to get a decent S3 in.  On my second attempt I messed up in the same sectors again braking too late multiple times.  This slotted me down the grid.

I was pretty cautious battling with Aaron for the first few turns and since he had lower down force he got by on the straight.  He was catching up Aero and went for a move, however the barrier moves in and I caught the destroyed car which ended my race.  I saw sparks on the left and slightly moved over to the right however Aarons car came across and I have no time to react. 

My luck keeps getting worse at this track but at least this will be a short video to watch.  Also if you like to watch crashes this will be a good one for you as well lol.
0 x

Return to “American F1 2017 PS4 Championship [S10]”