Round 3: Circuit of the Americas - Grand Prix / Afternoon (03 Apr)

Sponsored by The Owls Club - Texas Chapter

**Broadcasted** | Practice @ 6pm | Qualifying @ 9pm | Race @ 9:15pm (EDT) | FERRARI & FORD GTE
SharkV
Manager
Canada
Full Name: Dany Duchesne
Main Platform: PC
iRacing ID: Dany Duchesne

Re: Round 3: Circuit of the Americas - Grand Prix / Afternoon (03 Apr)

Post by SharkV » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:48 pm

Mark Phile wrote:
SharkV wrote: Hi,

Me too had a horrible quali session.  On my last lap, I was like 2 secs faster than my time, but in the carousel, just went a bit too inside and got 1x.....so I started 18th, was very careful at the beginning, had some mishap, but was till able to gain 9 positions and finish 9th....

There was lots of action everywhere on the track....the commentators were having trouble following all the action in the 1st 5 laps.....
Dany, I was one of your mishaps and im sorry. I had a driver dive bomb on me into turn 12, so i gave him every ounce of space that i could and we made it through the corner, but then he proceeded to turn right and drove me off track? When i came back on track heading into turn 13 you had a huge run on my left and I didn’t see you until you came across my front end. Im on a single monitor and my view is restricted, so for that im sorry. I learned how this all happened by watching the replay after the race, and sent you an immediate apology through IRacing last night.
All good Mark...running on single to, and I feel you pain... :P :P :P :P :P
2 x

Pittenger5
United States of America
Full Name: Richie Pittenger

Post by Pittenger5 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:20 pm

That was a fun race for me. I was running as high as 8th at one point, and having a good time chasing down Chris and trying to stave off James. My race craft is definitely improving this season! Had one personal mistake that knocked me down a couple places, and one incident with Moises where he came up the inside while I was on the outside and didn't even know he was there when I turned in, but other than that, happy how my race went.
1 x

Rhoad Racing
Rookie Member
United States of America
Full Name: Chris Rhoad
iRacing ID: 79360

Post by Rhoad Racing » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:39 am

MrCaringi wrote: But I have mix feelings, I got two incident with Rhoad, the first one I lost grip and Rhoad couldnt avoid me, my fault, I really sorry for that.
All good, sir :)  Keep that momentum going. I see a top 5 finish in your near future.
2 x

MrCaringi
Veteran Member
Venezuela
Full Name: Jean F Caringi
iRacing ID: JF Caringi

Post by MrCaringi » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:39 am

Rhoad Racing wrote:
MrCaringi wrote: But I have mix feelings, I got two incident with Rhoad, the first one I lost grip and Rhoad couldnt avoid me, my fault, I really sorry for that.
All good, sir :)  Keep that momentum going. I see a top 5 finish in your near future.
... if Cristian, Francisco, Benjamin, Kenny, Sergio, Alvaro and of course Juanchi Landini got a massive incident :twisted: .... 

...yes, I could get 5th place   :lol: 

Thanks, see you on track gentleman!
0 x

FKNCommishLB
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: James LeBlond
iRacing ID: James LeBlond

Post by FKNCommishLB » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:37 am

Pittenger5 wrote: That was a fun race for me. I was running as high as 8th at one point, and having a good time chasing down Chris and trying to stave off James. My race craft is definitely improving this season! Had one personal mistake that knocked me down a couple places, and one incident with Moises where he came up the inside while I was on the outside and didn't even know he was there when I turned in, but other than that, happy how my race went.
It was a good battle for us both there for a while! I had my own derp moment where I lost ground keeping up with you a bit, but then was able to catch back up! Happy with my placings thus far, especially considering this is a tougher part of the schedule for me. :)
0 x

dragnframe
United States of America
Full Name: Matt Fraley
iRacing ID: Matthew Fraley

Post by dragnframe » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:54 pm

I will go through the appeal process.
Last edited by dragnframe on Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Kenny Duval
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Kenny Duval
iRacing ID: Kenny Duval

Post by Kenny Duval » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:38 pm

I've seen the clip. I don't agree with the conclusion. Appeal it.
0 x

jeromef1
Director
Canada
Full Name: Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID: Jérôme Berthiaume

Post by jeromef1 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:06 pm

dragnframe wrote: Someone care to explain to me why in the hell I got a penalty, a week and half after the race was over? And why isn't the guy that got protested notified and or asked his view on what happened?

The guy locks up his brakes goes out of my view of sight and I'm suppose to now how he going to turn in when i can't even see him? BULLSHIT!
You have been warned for disrespectful public comment on the forum. Next offense is a league ban.

You may be frustrated and I can understand that, but you have NO right to release that frustration on the forum. Read the rules again, all disrespectful comments are warned and next time is a ban. Let's be adult and talk.

Like Kenny said, if you are not happy and want to discuss about it, submit an appeal. more information: viewtopic.php?f=125&t=1480

Why you haven't been contacted? Because with iRacing we have the view of ALL car with the replay so the stewards can take a deep analysis.

I've not been a part of the investigation since we have a stewards team. If you appeal, an extended stewards team will have a look at it.

The protest came late because the chief steward was having computer issue and he is the only one who can make final report on the forum. We are sorry for the inconvenience and it's not situation that happen often.

Now let's be gentleman and talk in a respectful way about the incident.

From what I remember from the incident 2 weeks ago, at the first view, I would say I agree with the stewards decision. Guigui seems to have run a wide line to let the car behind go. From your view Mat, you were far behind him. You saw he ran a wide line and try to take the inside, but it was very risky from you because you were really far. Personally, I wouldn't have tried to overtake. Instead, I would have focus on corner exit to get a good speed to overtake him after the straight. Guigui's speed was compromised because he ran wide. If you would have ran closer in the inside to let place to Guigui, nothing would have happened. By the way you took the corner, you were acting like you were alone and pretend Guigui wouldn't come back on track.

As I said, it's just thought that came at the first view. You can still appeal this incident so the stewards can ask an extended team to review.
0 x
PRL Director & Owner

Kenny Duval
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Kenny Duval
iRacing ID: Kenny Duval

Post by Kenny Duval » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:40 pm

He blew his brake marker and didn't want to lose the position. The correct thing to do was to run the wider line until he was pointed down the straight. It wasn't an intentional use of a wide line. Fraley was already heading for the apex when the Mcdonald's car turned back on himself to get back to where he should have been. Fraley is in an Oculus and focused down track where he should be. That one's on the McDonald's driver from my point of view. If I'm making a left hand turn I'm not staring out the passenger window to see where the guy is that just blew through his turn in point and is offline to the outside of the track.

Even if he was spooked by the car passing him he was still further out than necessary to allow the passing driver room. Even if he did intend to run that outside wide line his exit should have put him with plenty of room between he and Fraley and the contact if it happened should have happened near the candy stripes on the right side of the track as they both tracked out. 
1 x

Return to “American iRacing Tuesday Series [S12] - Sponsored by Apex Button Box”