Round 7: Sebring International Raceway - Int'l (Jan 23)

Sponsored by iRacers Lounge & Tifosi Racing

Practice @ 6pm | Qualifying @ 9pm | Race @ 9:15pm (EST) | FERRARI & FORD GTE
Charles Huffstetler
United States of America
Full Name: Charles Huffstetler
Main Platform: PC
iRacing ID: Charles Huffstetler

Re: Round 7: Sebring International Raceway - Int'l (Jan 23)

Post by Charles Huffstetler » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:17 pm

Here is where I am headed with this. lets say in the last race I made a move on the car in ft of me to the right (outside) Jean had a big run on me prior to green now we are 4 wide before start line and say my teammate made a run on the left inside line now we are 6 wide ect ect. what is going to happen big mess. Now I have been staying inline prior to start line as I believe it was said in one of the pre-race meetings early on in the season. Which makes perfect sense to me to let all of us get up to speed. Now I get brain farts and sudden spins you need to avoid contact ect. Or it can be all out battle to get a run on a guy and lets see what happens.
0 x

wings19
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Nick Harwood
iRacing ID: Nick Harwood

Post by wings19 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:08 am

Charles Huffstetler wrote:
wings19 wrote: I can clarify the rolling start. Because of the way iRacing is programmed it doesn't have a way to know if you've actually gone prior to green. Therefore, in Official series for example, you go either on the leader or green (whichever comes first). The leader is allowed to go once the pace car pulls off.

The PRL rules are that we go on green so that's what we've been doing here.

Side note: In multi-class racing it is customary in iRacing to give a gap between car classes. While iRacing cannot technically enforce this, generally the leader of the slower classes will leave a gap to the class ahead for safety and etiquette. There is still no passing until the either green or S/F line.
#3?  not clear per your post
While you will not get a black flag - Intentionally laying back to get a run on the group at start has been successfully protested in the past because it's just not respectful of how the race is intended to be started. It falls under unsportsmanlike conduct. This is more of an issue on ovals when people obviously do it or lay back 1/2 track so they're pretty much at full speed when green waves. 
0 x

Ozymandias
Organiser
Chile
Full Name: Cristian Garreton Eissler
iRacing ID: 226143

Post by Ozymandias » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:04 am

Ozymandias wrote:
jeromef1 wrote: I can't say, I think this will jeed to be tested. Maybe you can host a single race with your teammate and try it out. I think you're good as soon as you keep your line.
We will do the test...
Sorry for the delay in updating this. Only yesterday we were able to do the promised test with some teamates
In conclusion, if the driver who is in second place on grid overtakes the poleman (after the green light) and passes in front of him in the starting line, he will get a black flag with a Stop & Go penalty...confirmed.
2 x
GTE Sports Car Series Organizer
Please feel free to reach out with questions or comments. Se habla español!

wings19
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Nick Harwood
iRacing ID: Nick Harwood

Post by wings19 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:34 am

Good info, thanks!
0 x

jeromef1
Director
Canada
Full Name: Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID: Jérôme Berthiaume

Post by jeromef1 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:23 pm

Ok so the objective of the driver in P2 who got a better start is too be as close as possible to P1 without overtaking him :)

Thanks for testing :)
0 x
PRL Director & Owner

Return to “American iRacing Tuesday Series [S11]”