Round 11: Circuit des 24h du Mans - 24h (Feb 20)

Sponsored for Embry Riddle Aeronautical University - Orlando Campus

Practice @ 6pm | Qualifying @ 9pm | Race @ 9:15pm (EST) | FERRARI & FORD GTE
jeromef1
Director
Canada
Full Name: Jerome Berthiaume
Main Platform: PC
iRacing ID: Jérôme Berthiaume

Re: Round 11: Circuit des 24h du Mans - 24h (Feb 20)

Post by jeromef1 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:58 pm

No sorry guys, this slipped between two chairs :( My bad and it's too late notice for the broadcast.

We are starting the signups tonight for the next season and I'll add it to my to do list for the first two races or R2-R3.
0 x
PRL Director & Owner

Fmontini
Argentina
Full Name: Francisco Montini
iRacing ID: Francisco P Montini

Post by Fmontini » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:17 am

A suggestion for the next 90 minute race. If the limits of incidents and fast repairs are doubled for the purpose of having the greatest number of cars reach the finish line, it is incoherent that the rule by which a pilot scores points by running at least 10 minutes continues. I think that if we want the race to be entertaining (yesterday it was not) this rule should be modified. So those pilots who want to score points must make an effort to remain in the race and not abandon the first problem
0 x

DeamingPie
Organiser
United States of America
Full Name: Erik Captain DNF Luke
iRacing ID: Erik Luke2

Post by DeamingPie » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:52 am

This will not affect my results/standings as I had 7 incident points. 

In the interest of fairness, the race was double time and double incident points.  Should the bonus points for 3 incidents or less also double to 6?  
0 x
2019 stats - 48 race starts, 46 DNFs

"You've been racing with your foot on the brake? What are you, a Florida F*&^ing blue hair?" - Wife

Looking for a button box?
https://www.facebook.com/apexbuttonbox/

Ozymandias
Organiser
Chile
Full Name: Cristian Garreton Eissler
iRacing ID: 226143

Post by Ozymandias » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:55 am

Fmontini wrote: A suggestion for the next 90 minute race. If the limits of incidents and fast repairs are doubled for the purpose of having the greatest number of cars reach the finish line, it is incoherent that the rule by which a pilot scores points by running at least 10 minutes continues. I think that if we want the race to be entertaining (yesterday it was not) this rule should be modified. So those pilots who want to score points must make an effort to remain in the race and not abandon the first problem
+1
0 x
GTE Sports Car Series Organizer
Please feel free to reach out with questions or comments. Se habla español!

Ozymandias
Organiser
Chile
Full Name: Cristian Garreton Eissler
iRacing ID: 226143

Post by Ozymandias » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:02 am

DeamingPie wrote: This will not affect my results/standings as I had 7 incident points. 

In the interest of fairness, the race was double time and double incident points.  Should the bonus points for 3 incidents or less also double to 6?  
In my opinion, this race should be treated x2 in every aspect. Not only in the limit of incidents, but also in the bonus points for incidents(*) and the minimum distance to be able to score.

(*) I would be one of the "beneficiaries" of that
0 x
GTE Sports Car Series Organizer
Please feel free to reach out with questions or comments. Se habla español!

jeromef1
Director
Canada

Post by jeromef1 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:18 am

Will have a look about bonus, I think it makes sense.
0 x
PRL Director & Owner

DeamingPie
Organiser
United States of America
Full Name: Erik Captain DNF Luke
iRacing ID: Erik Luke2

Post by DeamingPie » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:31 am

Ozymandias wrote:
DeamingPie wrote: This will not affect my results/standings as I had 7 incident points. 

In my opinion, this race should be treated x2 in every aspect. Not only in the limit of incidents, but also in the bonus points for incidents(*) and the minimum distance to be able to score.

(*) I would be one of the "beneficiaries" of that

less than 6 incidents after 90 minutes around that circuit is worthy of the bonus points IMO.
0 x
2019 stats - 48 race starts, 46 DNFs

"You've been racing with your foot on the brake? What are you, a Florida F*&^ing blue hair?" - Wife

Looking for a button box?
https://www.facebook.com/apexbuttonbox/

Kenny Duval
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Kenny Duval
iRacing ID: Kenny Duval

Post by Kenny Duval » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:48 am

Fmontini wrote: A suggestion for the next 90 minute race. If the limits of incidents and fast repairs are doubled for the purpose of having the greatest number of cars reach the finish line, it is incoherent that the rule by which a pilot scores points by running at least 10 minutes continues. I think that if we want the race to be entertaining (yesterday it was not) this rule should be modified. So those pilots who want to score points must make an effort to remain in the race and not abandon the first problem
No one seems to want to stick it out and overcome adversity anymore. I didn't have the best of races but there is never a reason to just give up. In a short 10 laps sprint if you get smashed up in the first lap then well maybe ok. But a lot can happen in 90 minutes of racing. 
2 x

Fmontini
Argentina
Full Name: Francisco Montini
iRacing ID: Francisco P Montini

Post by Fmontini » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:47 pm

Kenny Duval wrote:
No one seems to want to stick it out and overcome adversity anymore. I didn't have the best of races but there is never a reason to just give up. In a short 10 laps sprint if you get smashed up in the first lap then well maybe ok. But a lot can happen in 90 minutes of racing. 
Agree 100%. 
0 x

Kenny Duval
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Kenny Duval
iRacing ID: Kenny Duval

Post by Kenny Duval » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:37 pm

Hell..Charlie was unhappy with his pace last night and literally pulled over and stopped to avoid the chaos in the chicane at the start and still finished in the top 10 just from sticking it out and running clean the rest of the race.
0 x

Charles Huffstetler
United States of America
Full Name: Charles Huffstetler
iRacing ID: Charles Huffstetler

Post by Charles Huffstetler » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:22 pm

Well I sucked here as pace goes but I knew there was going to be trouble on the start and just wanted to run by myself to avoid getting in the way for one and I did not want to get hit this race early. I like this track but life has really got me in a time crunch now. So wheel time is very limited. We got crashed coming back from the races in Atlanta and both race bikes are heavily damaged. One was ejected from the trailer onto 85 the other was smashed into on the trailer. The trailer has a bent axle and there is no recourse on funding as the two cars that hit the trailer took off. We are ok no injuries so the bike can be fixed but it is a week and a half before next round and I am down 2 bikes.
0 x

jeromef1
Director
Canada

Post by jeromef1 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:26 pm

Results have been updated for this round.

I've added bonus point to all drivers who have had 6 incidents and less.

I did a mistake with last position, he didn't complete 10 minutes of racing.
1 x
PRL Director & Owner

Return to “American iRacing Tuesday Series [S11]”